Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Passed My Citizenship Test! BUT...

Today I had my interview scheduled at 8:20AM in Baltimore. We arrived there just on time and after passing through a long line, we immediately proceeded to Room 103. I then proceeded to the reception window and gave my appointment letter. After 5 minutes, I was called in.

The interviewing officer told me she will be swearing me in before I'll take my seat. She told me to raise my right hand and swore me.

She then asked me to show my passport, green card and driver's license. She then asked if my passport is the most active and current, and I said yes.

She started checking my application form and began asking and re-confirming everything I filled up on there, afterwhich she gave me the reading, writing and civic tests.

The first was Reading test. She gave me a sheet of paper and told me to read it loud item no. 1 which says; - "WHAT DAY IS COLUMBUS DAY".

The next was Writing test. She let me wrote, "COLUMBUS DAY IS IN OCTOBER."

Then for the Civics, she asked me the following 6 questions which I got them all right.
  1. What does the president's Cabinet do?

  2. We elect a U.S. senator for how many years?

  3. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?

  4. Name one branch or part of the government.

  5. What did the Declaration of Independence do?

  6. If both the President and Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes president?


She then told me I passed the test and gave me form N-652, Naturalization Interview Results.

Now....the BUT part! She told me that my second fingerprinting was still unreadable by FBI and so I need to submit to them a police clearance before they can decide on my case.  I told her, this was always the case that I had to go back 4 times to the USCIS just to do my fingerprints again and again...:(. She said my case is not uncommon, and many had been like mine.

It was encouraging to hear from her when she told me she doesn't see any problem with my papers and they are all OK.

She then gave me Form N-14 together with the instructions on how I can obtain the police clearance. That was all about it. I was in the room for 15 minutes.

Well, what can I say? I still thank God, I passed!!!! I am still looking on the positive side as I just had to submit a document in lieu of unclassifiable fingerprint.  My fingerprints are quite unique..  Poor precious little fingers! LOL. whatevah chuva chu-chu!

Now, I need an appointment to go to bed soooo bad! hehehe... I need to get that good sleep! See ya'll later.

4 comments:

Ness said...

Congratulations, Sis..Finally you have it already after 3 year wait, right?..hehehe pasagdi nalang nang cgi kag balik2x for finger printing..:D hehehehe!

Dissertation Writing said...

Truly impressive post about "Passed My Citizenship Test! BUT…".

flowersfloristsgifts said...

Really impressive post. your previous ones are also innovative. keep posting

http://heated-flooring-systems.com/ said...

Heated Flooring Systems...

Heated Flooring Systems is an elegant and efficient solution for heating any locations....

Post a Comment