Sunday, March 25, 2012

Being a farmer

Contributed by Milford Woods

I love being a farmer, it’s in my blood. My dad was a farmer and I spent my formative years in Iowa learning about how to grow corn and potatoes and what and everything else…it’s great. I think it’s amazing to work with my hands all the time and be outside in the fresh air – I think there’s something really respectable about growing something tangible rather than sitting at a desk without spreadsheets and phone calls all day long, you know? I recently got hughes satellite internet for the internet because I needed some way to stay in touch with my vendors. It turns out nowadays crop prices have gotten to where they’re up and down all throughout the course of a day so I need to stay on top of it to know what my stuff is going for. Plus it’s nice to be able to look for farm equipment and things like that, you know? My wife is the perfect farm wife and I really just appreciate that she loves this life, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment