Saturday, April 23, 2011

Refurbishing yard sale patio furniture for my home

Guest post written by Cynthia Wilson

If I can find something for a little less, I definitely take advantage of it and take the deal. Sometimes that means that you have to take what you get and fix it up a little bit. i was going to yard sales a few weeks ago and I found this really unique set of patio furniture. It did need a bit of work but it was such a great deal and a whole set, that I decided to take it and see what I could do with it. The price was that good that I could afford to eat the loss if the patio furniture was beyond use or repair.

But thanks goodness, the furniture is actually going to work. First I cleaned it pretty thoroughly and then I used some flat black paint to coat it and give it a more modern look. While I was online trying to find soem chair cushion patterns to use, I ran across the site get.wildblue.com. I looked through it a little bit and after that I decided to change over my home internet service to the provider.

I saw these really lush looking cushions with some patio designs that I based my makeover on my furniture on and basing my cushions off of that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment