Saturday, February 16, 2013

The (Not So) Good News!

It's been a while...I have a lot to share in mind, but I have been procrastinating about writing nowadays. There are a lot of things that happened since I went to the Philippines 3 months ago, and I actually had a lot of undocumented trip updates as well.

Anyway, this is a super late update, but it's better to be late than nothing at all, as the famous saying would say! :) I should go back to the "not so" good news update then.

It was a little more than a month ago since I thought of going to the laboratory for my blood works. I guess, my instinct was helping me to do the right thing. It should have been earlier, but I thought of waiting until my birthday, (and more birthdays), Christmas and the New Year would pass.
So, early in the morning of January 8, my sis-in law and I went to the lab...finally! It was a good thing we got the results the same day.

Oh, well, goodness gracious! The results aren't good at all! Blood sugar is high, bad cholesterol is high! That same day, we thought of just going for a walk-in schedule with the doctor just to confirm officially with her the results. It was a good timing that she was there and had no patients. She then gave me pills to help get the cholesterol down, and an advice to limit carbs and sweets to lower down the high blood sugar.

Hah! That's what I get for a "no-holds-barred" eating! And imagine, I can eat one bowl of fried rice just in one eating...(every breakfast)...ah, I felt so, so, so guilty!! But who doesn't love eating? And there I was, and instantly giving away sodas, and limiting rice intake, plus an instant fruit and veggies diet thingy!...and in between that, it was not easy doing it! I felt I wasn't full, and I wanna eat more, but it was discipline that is making me serious. 
In a matter of one week, I felt lighter, lol! 

I went back to the lab for another blood works after 2 weeks, and the cholesterol went back to normal. Ah, those pills I took helped a lot. Plus, a steady discipline of what to eat. It was fulfilling and worth it!
I was a bit high of .44mmol/l from the normal blood sugar level.

I will be meeting my doctor here in the US for another check up after a month or two.

I wanna thank Dr. Ong, our ever reliable doctor for the check ups. She's a high school batch mate of my sis in law, and she has been giving us check ups without the fee!!! Yey! Thanks doc! I will catch up with you and pay back your good deeds in some ways the next time we go back.

Have a good fruitful new year to all of us! God bless us all! 

Ciao!




0 comments:

Post a Comment