Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Skin Rashes (Again!)

Tuesday last week, I got this tiny red spots popping out on my skin that started on the left side of my back down to my legs. The one on my back was itchy, and I only was able to take a look at it on the mirror when I went for a shower. They were very red and streaky! The red streaks were due to my scratches and they were irritating. I put some anti itch ointment on the itchy spots, and it seems to be relieving it.

The spots on my legs and thighs were not itchy and they are the same ones that popped out in the summer of 2010.

Anyway, I went to the doctor for a check up and gave me a short term treatment of Prednisone and anti allergy meds called Periactin good for a week. I am feeling better now, and the spots are going away.

The only thing that I am not sure of is what's causing those spots to appear since the doctor said it was not petechiae. If it's an allergy reaction, I am not sure if it is due to food, detergents or cleansing chemicals I use. So, I think I need to observe the detergent I am using, and at the same time cleansing chemicals.

I should have taken a shot of the rashes so I can share it, but I was so overwhelmed and got alarmed a little bit, so it didn't get through my mind taking a photo of it. They are nasty looking...LOL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment