Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our "Tests of Time"

After 2 months of procrastinating, I finally got the time to sit down and starting to catch up on all of my posts here. It was actually not merely for the reason of procrastinating on what to post, but at times, there are unexpected "challenges" that pop up along the way, making your body, mind and soul weary.

Although some "challenges" are really tough to handle, they are always expected. It's just a matter of how should we face them, and how we accept them no matter what are the consequences.

It so happened, I got some of the "challenges"...ALL were tough! I am only human, I get worries, and drain me out. I seek to pray, and become tired and weary of crying out loud to God. Thank God for a kind-hearted, loving and understanding husband. If not for him, I would probably still be out of nowhere! Such a great inspiration, and he helps me with a lot of prayers and daily devotions to God.

A mother that suddenly becomes ill 9,000 miles away, and our finances being challenged and went more than half way drained are such tough "challenges". I called them "tests of time". That time I felt I was melting and about to give way, but my husband calmed me down. Well...blame me! I am really a worry-freak!...and I am still trying to overcome this through prayers. So help me God!

Then, we felt we have to start to save again for our house construction in the Philippines. We're only half way done, and there are still lots of things to be done, financially. But my husband and I mutually agreed...family comes first! As long as God would allow our finances to extend help for love ones, so be it.  A life of a loved one is way much more precious than money.  My husband would only consider the help as "extra blessing" from God...I agree, because we are truly blessed! And amidst those blessings are "tests of time."

Last week, I got sudden rashes outbreak on all over my body. They were not hurting or giving me any pains, etc. But the outbreak was alarming and fast, and those tiny pinkish dots has spread all over my legs, extending up to my back and stomach, and partially on my arms with some reddish streaks.  (I became frantically worried again, agh!) making me ran to my doctor.  Since he figured out it wasn't an allergy, he ordered laboratory blood works to rule out any diagnosis. They called today, and the results were normal. Thank God! I'm feeling much better.

Of course, finances are always on the look out at times! We need to work for it, and pray for it.

Ah...challenges!

"But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God and made Him my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works." - Psalm 73:28

Be excited when you face new tests. Close the door to the mindset of dread. Decide early to enjoy every challenge that faces you today, knowing that God will be with you to make your path straight and to prosper in everything you set out to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment